Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Beckley and Mount Hope is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Appalachian Heating always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace it per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Appalachian Heating in Beckley and Mount Hope at 304-707-0600 today.