With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can save a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly raise your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Appalachian Heating specialist complete air conditioning service
at least each year is critical to keeping your system running efficiently for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is working correctly and can identify possible issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Appalachian Heating a call at 304-707-0600.