During the colder Mount Hope months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Appalachian Heating will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Appalachian Heating right away if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Appalachian Heating can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Appalachian Heating at 304-707-0600 or schedule an appointment with us online.