Having standard air conditioning service done at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Mount Hope summertime, have the experts at Appalachian Heating perform your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than unlawfully discharging it to the environment.
- Look for correct airflow through the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We recommend taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Appalachian Heating today at 304-707-0600.