There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Beckley and Mount Hope, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees may help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Appalachian Heating expert drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few simple ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Beckley and Mount Hope. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the team at Appalachian Heating a call at 304-707-0600 to start saving a little more today.